Carrot Cake Muffins – 80 Day Obsession
These make an awesome pre- or post- workout meal or snack on the go. Store in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
Yields 12 muffins: Serving size is 2 muffins
80 Day Obsessed Container count: 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 tsp.
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbls. honey, agave or pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- nut butter of choice
- In a food processor or blender mince your carrots until fine. Add eggs and continue to blend.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, sweetener of choice and vanilla.
- Pulse until just blended.
- Pour the ingredients in to 12 lined muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Top with chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done when tested with a fork.
- Top with 1 tsp. nut butter of choice for frosting