Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken – Freezer Meal Option
A Chinese takeout favorite made right in your crockpot and all you need is 10 min prep. It doesn’t get easier or healthier than that!
Yields: 6-8 servings
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbs. coconut oil or extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbs. soy sauce
- 2 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. ketchup (tomato paste would work also)
- 1/2-1 tbs. Honey
- 1 Head Broccoli, cut up
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/4-1/2 red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Place Cornstarch and black pepper in a large Ziploc bag. Add chicken pieces and seal; toss to thoroughly coat meat.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except cashews) to another freezer bag. Place Chicken Freezer bag inside the Broccoli Freezer bag
- Remove as much air as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 4 hours.
- Stir cashews into chicken and sauce before serving.
Serve over wild rice or Quinoa