Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
Delicious vegan salad with Thai flavors and a perfect crunch. It’s even better the next day!
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1-½ cup Water
- ¾ cups Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Stem And Seeds Removed, Then Diced
- ½ Red Onion, Diced
- 1 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- ½ cups Chopped Cilantro
- ½ cups Cashew Halves Or Peanuts, (honey Roasted Is Good)
- ¼ cups Diced Green Onions
- 2 Tbls. Fresh Lime
- ¼ cups All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (use Agave If Vegan)
- 2 teaspoons freshly Grated or minced Ginger
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Water To Thin, If Necessary
To cook quinoa: In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add in quinoa and bring mixture to a boil. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all of the water.
Remove pan from heat and fluff quinoa with fork. Place in a large bowl and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. You should have a little over 2 cups of quinoa.
To make dressing: Add peanut butter and honey or agave into a medium-sized microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds. Add in ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and both sesame and olive oil and stir until mixture is smooth and creamy. If you want a thinner dressing, simply stir in a teaspoon or two of water or olive oil.
Add dressing to the quinoa.
Next fold the red pepper, onion, cabbage, carrots, lime juice, and cilantro into the quinoa. Garnish with cashews and green onions. Serve chilled or at room temperature with lime wedges if desired.