Cauliflower and Broccoli Detox Salad
I love this salad so much that I had to share it again since it’s in my menu for the week!
Was my mom the only mom that made us eat a salad before EVERY dinner?
My mom would make them with iceberg lettuce, cottage cheese, sunflower seeds and raisins. I hated them growing up and I was embarrassed every time friends came over for dinner ( why couldn’t we have Little Ceasers like everyone else) but now I’m am a salad guru.
I love salads and I eat them all the time with whatever leftovers and fruits and veggies that are in the house.
What did you use to hate to eat as a child but now you love?
Yields 5 of 1 Cup Servings
- 1/2 Cauliflower -shredded, or small chopped
- 4 Kale leaves, thin chopped
- 1/2 Cup Parsley – fresh leaves, small chopped
- 2-3 Carrots, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Almonds (unsalted) – other nuts are great too
- 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 cup Craisins
- 1 Broccoli – 1 head, shredded or small chopped
Detox Salad Dressing:
- 1 Tbls minced Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Oregano(dried, or 1 tbsp fresh leaves)
- 1-2 Lemons juiced (or lime, about 3 tbsp juice and 1/2 tsp zest)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 tsp Honey
- Make Dressing: In a bowl, whisk and emulsify olive oil, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, honey, oregano, ginger (if using) and black pepper. Taste and adjust salt. Set aside.
- Chop all the veggies very small and add to a big bowl.Top with nuts, poppy seeds and all of the dressing.
- Toss well until everything is coated in dressing (it will be very lite coating). Transfer to plates and serve.
For better flavor: Allow to refrigerate for 12 hours so that dressing blends in and enhance the flavor of salad.