Like all of you, I hesitated to make this but this easy recipe has big comfort food taste and it was a huge win in our house. If can’t find a whole wheat Boboli so just used a regular, thin crust or make your own whole wheat pizza crust. Trader Joe’s has whole wheat pizza crust in their refrigerated section for 99 cents!!
- 4 ounces 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted ketchup
- 1 (10-ounce) prepared whole-wheat pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 10 dill pickle chips (about 1 1/2 ounces) and or banana peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 450°.
While oven preheats, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, and salt to pan; cook 3 minutes or until beef is browned. Remove pan from heat.
Combine mayonnaise and ketchup in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread mayonnaise mixture over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Spread beef mixture evenly over mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle cheeses over beef. Top evenly with tomato slices and pickles; sprinkle evenly with pepper. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.