Cheesy Sausage Zucchini and Cauliflower Rice Skillet
This whole dinner comes together in less than 25 minutes, and is completely delicious. I love that it is comfort food made healthy with the addition of cauliflower and zucchini to substitute for typical rice or pasta!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb. turkey or chicken sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 head of riced cauliflower (made fresh or from frozen)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 2 tablespoons of Butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower rice and cook, until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir, breaking up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff cauliflower mixture and add in the zucchini and both cheeses.
- Stir until cheese is melted into rice, then add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until melted.
- Serve immediately.