Chewy Whole Grain Bars
These chewy bars are tart and savory, thanks to the addition of dried fruit, nuts and cinnamon. And they’re less than 100 calories per serving!
1 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats,
½ cup dry quinoa, rinsed
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
2 Tbsp. flaxseeds
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ cup all-natural almond butter
3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (preferably
dark amber) or Honey
1 large very ripe banana
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ cup mixed dried fruit (like raisins,
cherries, apricots), chopped
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
¼ cup chopped raw almonds (optional)
¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers and lightly coating
3. Combine oats, quinoa, chia seeds, flaxseeds, cinnamon, and salt in a large
bowl; mix well.
4. Add almond butter, maple syrup, banana, and extract; mix well with clean
hands or a rubber spatula.
5. Fold in dried fruit, sunflower seeds, almonds (if desired), and chocolate
chips; mix well with clean hands or a rubber spatula.
6. Spread mixture into 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
7. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until firm.
8. Cut into 18 bar
Cool; store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 2 weeks.
• In this recipe we have specified almond butter, but you can use any nut
butter you like. If you have a nut allergy, you can use sunflower butter.
• Pumpkin seeds can be substituted for sunflower seeds. Or use your
• You can also use any kind of nuts that you like. Make sure they are
raw! If you have a nut allergy, you can add an additional ¼ cup of your
• You can substitute semisweet or dark chocolate chips for bittersweet