Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry
Serve this mildly spiced curry with rice noodles, basmati rice or Naan bread to introduce your kids to curry
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbls mild curry paste
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbls. minced garlic
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup riced or chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1- 12 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tsp. salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper to taste
- 1 Tbls lime juice
- cilantro, to finish
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Stir in the curry paste, onion and garlic and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and lentils and stir to coat in the paste.
- Pour in the broth and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Season with lime and cilantro to taste before serving.