Chicken Nuggets – 21 Day Fix Approved
Adult and kid approved. Make a double batch and freeze them to use them for quick heat and serve dinner.
Yields: 4 servings (6 nuggets each)
Portion Fix Containers: 1 red
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning blend, no salt added
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into cutlets, cut into 1½-inch pieces (see Recipe Notes below)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
- Combine garlic powder, seasoning blend, salt, and onion powder in shallow pan (or pie plate); mix well. Set aside.
- Place egg in second shallow pan.
- Dip each chicken piece in egg, then in garlic powder mixture. Make sure to coat thoroughly. Place breaded nuggets on prepared pan.
- Bake for 24 to 26 minutes, turning nuggets every 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer pink in the center.
• To cut chicken breast into cutlets, place boneless, skinless chicken
breast that are partially thawed on a cutting board. Hold flat with the palm of your hand. With
the opposite hand, use a sharp knife to slice chicken breast lengthwise into two even pieces. Cut into 1½-inch pieces.
• Chicken nuggets can also be fried. Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add nuggets; cook, turning every 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer pink in the middle (approximately 12 to 15 minutes total). Don’t forget to add 1½ tsp. to your containers.