Chicken Piccata – 21 Day Fix Approved
This healthier chicken piccata recipe is prepared in the classic style and topped with flavorful mushrooms, artichokes, and capers. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Yields: 4 Servings
Portion Fix Containers 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 ½ tsp
- 4 (4-oz.) each raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour or white flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 6 Tbsp. capers
- 1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add flour and salt and seal. Shake to coat chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Add garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add lemon juice, broth, capers, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms; cook, turning chicken halfway through, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve over cauliflower rice to soak up all the juices.