Chicken Zucchini Casserole
Yields 4-6 servings
This Chicken Zucchini Casserole is full of fresh, healthy flavors and can be prepped and in the oven in as little as 10 minutes! Since you make the entire thing in one dish, it is both simple to make and clean up! It is the dinner trifecta of easy, healthy and delicious. (courtesy of Easy Family Recipes)
- 3-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow onion
- 1/2 cup pesto, prepared (or you can make your own pesto here)
- 4 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Chop the zucchini, squash, and onion and combine.
- In a large casserole dish, lay the chicken in a flat single layer and season it with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Next layer the veggies on and then dollop the pesto over the veggies, then top with the cheeses.
- Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If it starts to brown more than desired, loosely cover with foil until it is done cooking.
- Serve hot and enjoy!