Chicken and Asparagus Teriyaki Stir Fry
This quick chicken and asparagus stir fry made with chicken breast, fresh garlic and ginger is the perfect fast weeknight dish. If you don’t have asparagus, feel free to substitute broccoli, sugar snap peas, zucchini or green beans.
Yields: 4 Servings
- 3 Tbls. soy sauce
- 2 Tbls rice wine vinegar or sherry
- 1 Tbls honey or brown sugar
- 1 Tbls. minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 Tbls. Sesame Seed Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 oz asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic
- Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, honey and ginger and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt.
- Heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside on a dish.
- Serve over Jasmin Rice