Chicken and Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
Healthy, cheesy comfort food without any of the guilt!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Panko crumbs or bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan with 2 cups chicken broth, cook quinoa according to package instructions with chicken broth instead of water. Within the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli on top and steam until cooked through.
- Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, paprika, garlic, and onion powder. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly until slightly thickened about 3-4 minutes. Stir in quinoa, broccoli, chicken, 1 cup cheese and Greek yogurt; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and panko crumbs. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.