Chicken, Black Bean, Zucchini and Lime Quinoa Bowl
Want to kick the cold weather “blahs” to the curb? This quick lunch or dinner Quinoa Bowl is a flavor-packed dish with a flair that’s healthful, comforting and will brighten up your day! This recipe makes two bowls so you can prep both now and save one for later in the week.
Yields: 2 bowls
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. rotisserie or leftover chicken, diced
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced zucchini or broccoli
- 1 can black olives or 1/2 and avocado, sliced
- cilantro (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together for the dressing and set aside.
- In two bowls divide the quinoa and top each bowl with 1/2 the chicken, black beans, vegetables, olives or avocado.
- Top each serving with dressing and serve immediately with fresh cilantro.
Meal Prep Tip: If you are saving one portion for later in the week simply store half of the dressing in a container with a tight fitting lid and store the assembled salad and dressing together in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.