Chicken Breast with Feta and Artichokes -21 DAY FIX
This chicken breast with feta and artichoke is a life-saving weeknight dinner recipe. For those times when it seems like there aren’t enough hours in the day between work, kids sports, family, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, this recipe simply requires whipping up a quick marinade the night before, then dinner is on the table the very next evening in under 20 minutes. This is defiantly a go to meal for my family that we all enjoy.
Yield: 8 servings (1 Red, ½ a blue, 1 green)
Recipe and photo credit from Beachbody
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. oregano, divided use
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, divided use
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 (4-oz. each) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 5 oz.)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- Combine yogurt, garlic, 1 Tbsp. oregano, 1 Tbsp. parsley, lemon juice, and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Place chicken in a gallon zip lock bag. Top with yogurt mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, turning once, for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat grill or broiler on high.
- Combine cheese, tomato, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, remaining 1 Tbsp. oregano, and 1 remaining Tbsp. parsley in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Grill or broil chicken for 6 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle. Set aside.
- Heat oven 350° F.
- Place chicken on a baking pan lightly coated with spray. Top each piece with 1 rounded Tbsp. of cheese mixture.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned.