Freezer to Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 5oz can of coconut milk
- 1 small onion, chopped (about one cup)
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 5oz can of tomato sauce (about 1 3/4 cup)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve with Naan Bread or Rice