Freezer to Slow Cooker Chicken & Mushroom Stroganoff
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 ½ pounds, chicken
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 T basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1 1/2 C chicken broth
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 2 T corn starch
- 1/4 cold water
Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
2. Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water and add Greek Yogurt. Stir Greek Yogurt mixture into crockpot during last 10 min of cooking.
- Serve over Egg Noodles