Chicken Parmesan – 21Day Fix Approved
Chicken Parmesan is typically deep-fried and smothered with cheese. Thankfully, with this recipe, you can make your own healthy chicken Parmesan at home.
Portion Fix Containers: ½ Purple, 1 Red, ½ Yellow, 1 Blue
- 1 cup whole-grain panko bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided use
- 1 dash sea salt or Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 4-oz. raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup all-natural marinara sauce
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Lightly coat a medium baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
Combine bread crumbs, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl; mix well. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
Place eggs in a shallow dish. Dip each chicken breast in eggs, completely coating, then bread crumbs; coating each evenly on all sides. Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 22 to 26 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear.
Preheat broiler on high.
Top each chicken breast evenly with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and remaining 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese. Return to oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with parsley before serving.