Chickpea Curry with Chicken – 21 Day Fix Approved
For a rich, spicy Indian inspired curry look no further. Protein-rich chicken and chickpeas bring a satisfying heartiness to the dish, while ground cumin, turmeric, and coriander blanket the chickpeas in a rich inviting sauce. In just over 30 minutes you have a savory dinner all are sure to enjoy.
Tip: For a milder (or hotter) version, adjust the amount of chili powder to your taste.
Yields: 4 Servings
Portion Fix Containers: 1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1/2 tsp (Courtesy of Beachbody)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb raw chicken breast tenders
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 Tbls. minced garlic
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin divided use
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk (can sub chicken broth)
- 2 Tbls lime juice
- cilantro (optional but super yummy)
- Heat oil in a large skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook, for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, ½ tsp. cumin, and mustard seed to same skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion begins to soften.
- Add turmeric, remaining ½ tsp. cumin, coriander, chili powder, chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add lime juice and top with cilantro (if desired). Serve over Jamine Rice
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 31 g