Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps – 21 Day Fix Approved
These chipotle chicken lettuce wraps make a satisfying meal, so you can use them as a lunch or light dinner without worrying about being stuffed or feeling hungry. The chipotle spice is just the right heat level for most.
Portion Fix Containers: 1 red, 1 green, 1 orange
Yields: 6 -8 wraps
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 4 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 head lettuce, rinsed (butter, romaine, bib)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in the pan.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside and rest for 5 minutes, then shred.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the chipotle peppers, adobo, cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add the bell pepper, adobo mixture, and chicken to the sauté pan on low heat. Stir well to combine and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the scallions to the pan.
- Spoon the mixture into lettuce wraps and top with shredded coconut and serve.