Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
More than likely you have all the ingredients in your home to make these delicious bars.
Yields: 8 servings
- 3 brown bananas, mashed
- 1 cup nut butter (almond, cashew, sunflower seed, or other preference)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Then whisk/mix nut butter, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Lastly, fold in chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into the grease baking dish, spread out evenly, then place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes, until cooked through in the middle.
- When cooled, cut into bars and serve!