Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Oatmeal Muffins
Rich and moist, you’d never know these muffins from were made without any oil or butter. These oatmeal cups are filled with ripe bananas, creamy peanut butter and cashew milk. Grab one of these healthy muffin bites in the morning for breakfast or pack them as a pre-workout snack.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium-to-large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (cashew, rice or coconut milk work, too)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop chocolate Vegan Shakeology (Optional Vanilla or Cafe Latte can be used)
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and add bananas and mash with fork. Add milk, peanut butter, optional maple syrup and vanilla and stir until well mixed.
- Add protein powder, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin, filling tins to the top. You may have some leftover batter. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack. Come, remove from pan and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.