Double Chocolate Zucchini Protein Muffins – 21 Day Fix Approved
The perfect blend of chocolate with zucchini to make a fast and satisfying breakfast or snack. Optional mini chocolate chips take these over the edge
Yields: 12 servings (2 muffins each)
Portion Fix Containers: 1 green, 1 red, 1/2 yellow
- 4 cups shredded zucchini or 2 cups pureed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops chocolate shakeology
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup ground oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup, agave or honey
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips – I use Enjoy Life (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare muffin cups by lining with muffin papers. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients.
- Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake in the oven for 20 -25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool before trying to remove them from the muffin tins.
- Store the muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 days. Enjoy!
These muffins should last a couple days in the fridge. They can also be frozen for up to 6 months