Chocolate Chip Cookies – 21 Day Fix Approved
SERVES: 16 (1 cookie each)
Portion Fix Containers (per serving): 1 yellow, ½ tsp
- ¼ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, solid
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour ( gluten-free if needed)
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/2 cup dark mini chocolate chips, 70% cacao
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer; beat until well mixed.
- Add egg yolk and extract; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add oil mixture to flour mixture; mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into Tbsp.-sized balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.