Chopped Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Yeilds: 6-8 servings
This springtime salad is party perfect and fit for a crowd or the week!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1.5 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup corn (cooked fresh, canned, or steamed from frozen)
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color!) chopped
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped purple onion, add to taste
- 2 TBSP chopped green onion
- garnish with fresh parsley, optional
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbls lemon juice
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Wash and chop your veggies and toss ’em all together!
- For the corn, steam or sauté if using fresh or frozen. If using canned, simply drain and rise. I opted for frozen corn and lightly steamed.
- Next toss all your dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until perfectly smooth and creamy. A blender or immersion blender may also be used with great results!
- Toss your veggies in about 1/4 of the dressing adding extra as desired. You may want a little, or a lot! The dressing keeps marvelously refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
If you store the salad for the week and the veggies absorb all the dressing simply add a few Tbls of lemon juice and/or Greek Yogurt and blend until creamy again.