Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
This Chopped Thai chicken salad has just about every color of the rainbow. Cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, cilantro, peanuts. So many crunchy, tasty vegetables. The salad is tossed in a sweet and sticky thai dressing that is made with sweet chili sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk, and lots of other flavorful ingredients.
Don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients since so many are pantry staples or you can purchase them pre-chopped at your grocery store.it’s easy to put together. To keep this extra easy, pick up a rotisserie chicken and shred to make with salad a meal.
Serves: 4 people
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce (by asian foods)
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger paste (sub 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- juice from 1 lime, about 1 tablespoon
Rainbow Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded, about 6 cups (tip: You can buy a bag if pre-shredded cabbage to equal the 9 cups)
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded, about 3 cups
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped into ½” thick matchsticks
- 1 english cucumber, seeds removed and sliced into ¼” half moons
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots (you can purchase pre-shredded)
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and white meat shredded. (About 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken breast)
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium high heat, combine all the dressing ingredients and stir to combine. Cook until well mixed, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool, or
- transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Top with desired amount of dressing and toss.
- Tip: I really like using the fresh ginger paste that comes in a squeeze tube in the produce section. It’s usually refrigerated next to all the fresh herbs.