Chunky Vegetable and Quinoa Slow Cooker Soup
This slow cooker soup is great for meal planning because it can be made ahead of time and frozen in serving-size containers. That way you can just grab a small container to bring to work each day. Instead of trying to thaw out an entire large container of soup! This vegetable soup is also vegan and gluten free. I bet it’s possible to make this in the pressure cooker as well. If anyone tries this, please report back in the comments!
Yields: 5-7 servings
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 medium-sized carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2-3 tsp dried parsley
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- Put all ingredients, except the quinoa, into a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 2-3 hours.
- Add the quinoa for the last 12 minutes of cooking.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, the soup is ready.