Freezer to Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken with Corn and Black Beans
This meal is a staple in my home. It is full of flavor and easy to make using pantry staples.
Yields: Servings: 5
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours.
Note: Serve with tortillas and toppings such as plain Greek Yogurt, guacamole & salsa