Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
A delicious, comforting and healthy baked oatmeal is quick, easy and delicious and is gluten-free, vegan and comes with a high protein option!
- 2 cups Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 scoop vanilla shakeology (optional)
- 1/2 cup-1 cup granulated sweetener of choice (I used coconut palm sugar and a baking truvia blend)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 T cashew butter (Can sub for any nut butter, coconut oil or butter)
For the Cinnamon Roll Glaze
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used coconut palm sugar and a baking truvia blend)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla Shakeology (optional)
- 1 tsp or more almond milk to thin out
- cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a deep baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted nut butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until fully combined. If mixture is crumbly, add a dash more milk until a thick batter is formed. Transfer to the lined baking dish and form into a rectangular shape and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- While the oatmeal is baking, prepare your cinnamon roll glaze by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove baked oatmeal and allow to cool slightly before slicing into pieces and covering with the glaze.
- This baked oatmeal is delicious fresh out of the oven but can certainly be cooled and enjoyed later or prepped in advance. If prepping in advance, only prepare the glaze before consumption.
- Baked oatmeal can be frozen and thawed easily.