Classic Greek Salad
Why is Greek salad SO good? Because it is light and fresh and it can be turned into a meal by adding cooked lemon chicken on top or you can make it a heartier salad by adding quinoa or pasta to the bowl. You can even toss this in a pita by itself or with your favorite sliced deli meat.
- 1 pt. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 c. halved kalamata olives
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c. crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, stir together tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and red onion. Gently fold in feta.
- In a small bowl, make dressing: Combine vinegar, lemon juice, and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Slowly add olive oil, whisking to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.