Clean Eating No Bake Cookies
I always love No Bake Cookies and so do my kids. In an effort to reduce the refined sugar for me and my kiddos I decided to keep making these cookies but take out some of the sweet stuff and butter in hopes that no one will be the wiser. These cookies are chock full of whole oats, peanut butter (made with only peanuts) and coconut oil thrown in for good healthy fats. I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine do.
- 1 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter ( The only ingredient should be peanuts and salt)
- 3/4- Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2- tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 5 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a medium size pan over medium/low heat combine the honey, peanut butter, coconut oil and cocoa powder. Stir until the peanut butter and coconut oil have melted.
- Continue to stir occasionally until it starts boiling gently. Keep it at a gentle boil for about 2 minutes so you don’t burn the honey.
- Remove your pan from the heat and add in your salt, vanilla and oats and stir thoroughly until the oats are nicely covered with the chocolate mixture.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper or parchment paper. You can make them as large or small as you’d like. Let them cool…. if you can wait that long.
- These stay pretty solid but if they are a little soft keep them in the fridge.