Cloud Bread – 21 Day Fix Approved
Cloud bread is light, fluffy, low carb, high protein (well, for bread) and is just 47 calories per slice!
Yields: Servings 3 servings, 2 pieces each
Portion Fix Containers: ½ Red (Courtesy of Beachbody)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 1 dash cream of tartar
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste, optional)
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Place whites in a medium bowl. Place yolks in a separate medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat with a mixer on high until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add salt and yogurt to egg yolks. Beat with a mixer on medium until blended.
- Gently fold ⅓ of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture until just incorporated, being careful not to over-mix.
- Using a spoon, transfer a scoop of egg mixture onto prepared baking sheet, gently spreading into a thick pancake shape about 3 inches in diameter. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and exterior is crispy to the touch. Immediately loosen cloud breads with a spatula; allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 184 mg
Sodium: 167 mg
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 9 g