Paleo Coconut & Avocado Grasshopper Bars
These little treats are great for avocado lovers and un-lovers alike! Plus, with the nutritious ingredient lineup, you won’t feel so guilty eating them. Just keep your portion to 1!
- 2 avocados
- 3/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/8 tsp peppermint extract, or 9 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Line a 9×9 inch baking dish with foil.
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender or a food processor. Blend until smooth. (You can puree it if you want, but I like mine to have little flecks of coconut still.)
- Smooth mixture into prepared dish and stick in the freezer.
- In small saucepan, melt coconut oil and honey over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour over chilled bottom layer and return to the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until the chocolate layer is hardened.
- Remove from foil and cut into bars.
- Store covered in the freezer.