This cranberry chutney can be made days in advanced (as I do) and stored in a glass container in the fridge. It can last for a couple weeks if needed and be sure to use it with not only thanksgiving turkey, but with oven roasted chicken and it also makes a great topping (like a relish) on sandwiches, as a dip with crackers or even on top of vanilla ice cream.
- 1(20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar (can use more) (can sub Agave equivalent)
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ginger
- 1/4 t. allspice
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 cup pecans chips (optional)
- Drain the juice from the pineapple into a saucepan and set the pineapple aside.
- Add sugar through salt to the pineapple juice.
- Heat to boiling and simmer for 25 minutes or until thick.
- Add reserved pineapple tidbits and optional nuts
- Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.