Cranberry Sauce – 21 Day Fix Approved
This cranberry sauce is a great alternative to the super sugary store-bought variety. Sweetened with fruit juices and pure maple syrup, the sweet and sour flavors are well-balanced in this traditional holiday condiment!
Servings 32 servings, 2 Tbsp. each
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp. finely chopped orange peel
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans (optional)
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅔ cup canned crushed pineapples packed in juice
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey (or more depending on taste)
Bring orange juice, apple juice, orange peel, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add cranberries. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Add pecans, raisins, and pineapple; cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
Add maple syrup; mix well.
Cool before serving.