Creamy cauliflower soup with sausage, bacon, and kale. Made with less than 10 ingredients. This soup is so creamy, sweet, and little spicy. Courtesy of “Little Broken”
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. ground mild Italian sausage (turkey or pork)
- 1 package real bacon pieces (or 3 pieces of cooked bacon, diced)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 6 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 large head
- 1 (32 oz.) carton chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (canned coconut milk or can be subbed)
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, for serving, optional
- In a large stockpot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage. Cook until sausage is browned, breaking up the meat as you go, about 8-10 minutes. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of grease.
- Add onions to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add cauliflower and chicken broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Puree the soup until smooth in either a high-powered blender or with an immersion blender.
- Add milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in sausage, bacon, and kale. Simmer until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes. Taste the soup for salt. Serve with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.