Slow Cooker Creamy Coconut Steel Cut Oats
These Creamy Coconut Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats are healthy, delicious and oh so easy to make. Place a few healthy ingredients in your crockpot before bed and have a gluten-free breakfast ready to go in the morning! Courtesy of FitFoodieFinds
Yields: 6 servings
- 1.5 cups steel-cut oatmeal
- 1 15-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 4.5 cups milk (any kind will work – I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp. salt
- First, spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Then, place all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-4 hours. If possible, stir every few hours to prevent sticking.
- Top with a pinch of cinnamon and your favorite toppings.