Creamy Pumpkin Pasta (Skinny & Vegetarian)
This savory Pumpkin Pasta is vegetarian, skinny, easy to make and absolutely delicious! Perfect for Fall nights. Serve with roasted Brussels sprouts, butternut squash or broccoli. You can even toss the roasted veggies into the pasta when you are finished cooking so you can make it a one pot dish. For a more complete meal, purchase a store made Rotisserie Chicken and cut into bite size pieces and fold it into the pasta.
Note: For a Dairy FREE option you can create Cauliflower Alfredo HERE and add the pumpkin and spices to the Cauliflower Puree
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup 0% plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne pepper, if desired
- ¼ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 lb. whole wheat linguine, or other favorite pasta/zucchini noodles
- In a skillet, melt butter in olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and stir until translucent. Add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Pour onion and garlic mixture into a blender. Add pumpkin, 1 can evaporated milk, Greek Yogurt, ¾ tsp. salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon (and cayenne if desired). Blend until smooth. If too thick, add water until consistency desired. Taste and add any extra salt or seasonings.
- Pour mixture back into skillet and heat over medium until bubbling. Cook until sauce is the thickness preferred. Add in Parmesan cheese and let melt.
- Add in cooked and drained pasta. Toss to coat. Serve with extra Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!