Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, rinsed, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans halves
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brussels sprouts, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Roast the brussels sprouts in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft on the inside and just crispy on the inside.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the additional 1 Tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, pecans and cranberries.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to toast the pecans and get the cranberries soft.
- Remove from the oven and place on a platter mixing in the feta cheese.
- Serve warm