Crispy Mashed Potato, Turkey and Stuffing Patties
Talk about a fun way and easy way to use holiday leftovers! Making this turkey and stuffing patty is so fast. The family looks forward to this treat every year for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (add an additional 1/2 of an egg if your filling feels too dry)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, onion and pepper. Stir in potatoes, turkey and stuffing.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop potato mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into pan; press to flatten slightly.
- Fry 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with leftover heated gravy.
- Yield: 12 patties