Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
Forget greasy fried chicken! This oven-baked chicken recipe has all of the juiciness and crunch you’d expect from fried chicken, without the added fat and calories. Tip: Mix chopped fresh herbs, paprika, or other spices into the bread crumb mixture for extra flavor.
Yields: 8 servings
- 3 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 3 Tbsp. Dill Pickle Juice
- 2 large eggs
- 8 (5-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups whole-wheat Panko bread crumbs (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine hot sauce, pickle juice and eggs in gallon zip lock bag; mix well.
- Add chicken; soak, turning once, for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Line baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with spray.
- Combine bread crumbs and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to combine. Set aside.
- Working with one piece at a time, lift chicken from egg mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl, and drop into bag containing bread crumb mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat; repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, turning after 10 minutes; or until no longer pink in the middle and golden brown.
Serve with Roasted vegetables and baked potatoes