Dairy Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust
If you somehow still haven’t tried cauliflower pizza crust, this easy recipe is one you should absolutely bookmark… Or better yet, make this for dinner tonight!
● Just FIVE Ingredients (Yes, seriously, just five!!!)
And if you are currently a cauliflower pizza crust skeptic, you will be shocked at how good this is.
Yields: 6 slices
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower (4 cups of small florets)
- 2 1/2 tbsp flaxmeal or chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oat or almond flour (you can ground oats in the food processor to make oat flour (or 1/2 cup rolled oats)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
- Whisk together flax and water, then refrigerate at least a 1/2 hour.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets, then steam until fall-apart soft. Drain fully.
- If using rolled oats, process them in a food processor until oats achieve a flour-like texture. Or just use oat flour and skip the processing step. Stir the oat flour with the oregano, garlic, and salt.
- Once cauliflower cools a little, place it in a clean dish towel or cheesecloth over a sink or bowl, and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. At least 2/3 cup water should come out – You want it as dry as possible.
- Place the squeezed-out cauliflower into a medium bowl and add the flax mixture. Mash and stir well. Then stir in the oat mixture.
- Form into a ball, and place on top of the parchment-lined baking sheet. Pat into a circle, then use another sheet of parchment on top (and a rolling pin, if desired) to spread the circle to about 1/4 inch thick. (Take off the top sheet of parchment before baking.)
- Bake 25 minutes, or until lightly browned with crispy edges. Remove and add toppings of choice.
- Bake an additional 8 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then slice and enjoy!