This detox salad is loaded with so many delicious veggies such as brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale and cabbage, has such great texture with the added sunflower seeds and crunchy almonds, and it makes a TON so you are sure to have plenty to last you the whole week! Score for having a plan for the week! I just love making this because I can throw everything into my food processor, blend and I’m done. I’m also obsessed with this dressing! I like to make a big batch of it on Sunday so I can eat it on roasted vegetables, wraps and other salads throughout the week.
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, roughly chopped or pulsed in food processor quickly
- 2 cups red cabbage, roughly chopped or pulsed in food processor quickly
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped or pulsed in food processor quickly
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup almonds, whole or slivered
- 1 to 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice (or juice of two lemons)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated or 1 Tbls. Minced Ginger
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey (or maple syrup)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Using a food processor, process all the veggies up to the parsley until finely chopped and mix together in a large bowl. This may take a few batches.
- Add almonds to the food processor and pulse, until roughly chopped, and mix in with the salad along with the sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over top of the salad OR place in a jar and use as needed. Enjoy!