Freezer to Slow Cooker Dill Chicken with Cabbage & Potatoes
Yields: 5 servings
- 1 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 6-8 cups shredded Green cabbage (about half a head)
- 6-8 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with a sprinkle of dill or parsley.
*Note – you can serve as a plated entree or shred the chicken, add back into the broth mixture, and enjoy as a soup.