Double Chocolate Cookies – 21 Day Fix Approved
Chocolate, with more chocolate that does not hurt my waistline and my goals!!! What is not to love? (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Yields: 15 servings (1 cookie each)
Container counts: 1 yellow Refeed Day Approved
- ¼ cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup canned lite coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, 70% cacao
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Lightly coat baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine oil, applesauce, maple syrup or honey, and coconut milk in a medium
bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine flours and cocoa powder in a small bowl; mix well.
5. Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture; mix until well blended.
6. Add chocolate chips; mix until blended.
7. Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm.
• For a gluten-free version, substitute ⅓ cup brown rice flour for whole
• Substitute 1 oz. slivered raw almonds, chopped pecans, dried cherries,
or raisins for chocolate chips.