Easy Beef with Broccoli
Everyone’s favorite dish made even easier using ground beef! Comes together in 15 min, prepped for the entire week!!!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed or honey
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, vinegar, sesame oil and Sriracha, if using.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in broccoli, green onions, rice and soy sauce mixture until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through and the broccoli is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Note: If you are making this more meal prep simply place mixture into containers, garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.