Egg, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Sandwich – 21 Day Fix Approved
What an easy way to get your protein, healthy fats, slow absorbing carbs and veggies in one sandwich that you can prep ahead and grab and go. To warm a pre-made sandwich, wrap the sandwich in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
Portion Fix Container Equivalents: 1 red, 2 yellow, ½ blue, 1 tsp,
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 whole-grain English muffin, split, toasted (I use Ezekial Sprouted English Muffins that I keep in my freezer)
- 2 Tbsp. shredded cheese or one slice of cheese of choice
- Heat oil in small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add eggs; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until eggs are no longer runny.
- Add bell pepper and basil. Season with pepper; cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top muffin half with cheese, eggs, and second muffin half.