Egg and Veggie Breakfast Burrito
These healthy, breakfast burritos are loaded with eggs, bell peppers, and turkey bacon for a hearty, high-protein meal. You can make a batch of these on the weekend and wrap them individually in parchment paper and then in a gallon freezer zip-lock bag. To thaw, simply keep if wrapped and microwave on defrost for 1 minute.
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup. finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 8 large eggs
- 4- 6-inch whole wheat flour tortilla, warmed
- 4 slices low-sodium turkey bacon cooked & chopped or 1/2 cup diced ham
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato salsa (divided)
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add eggs; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Top tortilla with egg mixture, turkey or ham and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Roll tortilla burrito
- Serve with salsa or wrap in parchment paper and freeze