Eggnog – Dairy Free and Egg Free
Eggnog, either you love it or you hate it. It not only includes cream and milk, but also gets its frothiness from whipped egg whites, and additional richness from beaten egg yolks. To keep tensions low at your holiday party, skip the eggs (and the milk and the cream while you’re at it) and make this vegan eggnog, also known as eggless nog. With a mixture of creamy non-dairy milks like almond, cashew, and coconut, plus a seasoning blend of cinnamon, allspice, and cloves, you’ll nail the flavor of classic eggnog without any dairy. Anyone putting up a fight about drinking something vegan? Just tell them to add another splash of bourbon to their cup.
- 4 cups unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 1 cans Full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbls. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- pinch of salt
- Non dairy whip cream if desired
- brandy, rum, bourbon if desired
- Pour 4 cups of unsweetened cashew or almond milk into a blender. Next, shake up 1 can of full-fat coconut milk and add the contents to the blender.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, allspice, cloves, and 2 pinches of fine sea salt into the blender.
Blend the mixture until well combined and frothy.
Transfer the mixture to the fridge and let it chill for at least a few hours.
Before serving, if you’d like, whisk in ½ cup brandy, dark rum, or bourbon to the eggnog.
Pour the eggnog into cups, add a scoop of whipped cream if desired and top each glass with a sprinkle of grated nutmeg.