Egg White Scramble with Chicken
This satisfying egg white scramble made with chicken is a great choice to start the day with plenty of protein—52 grams to be exact! It’s a great way to use leftover baked chicken breasts! Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves are an easy way to add lots of flavor without a lot of work. Don’t have basil? Try parsley, cilantro, chives, or even arugula instead.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large egg whites (¾ cup) (or 2 eggs)
- 3 oz cooked chicken breast diced
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (½ oz)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- fresh basil leaves chopped (for garnish; optional)
Heat medium nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-low heat.
Add egg whites; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until almost set.
Add chicken and cheese; cook until set.
Garnish with basil if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 83 mg
Sodium: 473 mg
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 46 g